2009년 9월 8일 화요일

Incident in Japan

The incident that I had because of language when I was traveling around Japan.
I have learned Japanese for 1 year when I was in Korea for 3rd language in middle school so I know some words and I can speak basic Japanese.
Although I have learned Japanese, it's impossible to communicate fluently in Japanese, so I went to Japan with my mom using tourist agency in case. Japan is famous for 'onchun' (hot-spring). Because Japan is island, it has many advantages for forming hot bath naturally. Finally, my mom and I decided to go to 'onchun' for some rest. When we arrived at the place , it was too late and too dark. Hence, my mom and I just went to hotel again and slept for a while before we enjoy japanese' culture. The hotel for 'onchun' ( hot bath, hot-spring), was located very near to bath. In this sentence, bath means just normal bath where we can wash our bodies to make clean before we enter the 'onchun'. Of course, 'onchun' is for soaking our bodies in hot water for health and relaxation which can use for everybody(specifically, female and male), but as we know, the normal bath is divided into 2 rooms( of course, one room for male, another room for female).
I checked the location of the female bath before I went up to my hotel room. I was feeling happy about noticing some japanese words from the paper which was attached next to the female bath.
I can't remember what was it, but the one important words has meaning of go back or something. According to my memory, the paper says ' go back after 5:00 a.m.' . In the hotel room, my mom was snoring so loudly so I couldn't sleep at all and I think I wasn't sleepy that much. After I slept only like 4 hours, I checked the clock and it told me that it is acceptable time to go to bath.
I woke my mom up, but she was so tired, so I just went down myself and was heading for the location of female bath that I checked yesterday preparing some bath soap, bath towel....etc. I was almost opened the bath door and enter. However I was stopped entering by one person. It was my tourist agency. She was really surprised at me and asked "Do you know what were you doing?"
I almost enter the male's bath. I misunderstood something. I didn't know that the word from the paper which was attached next to the bath door has many meanings. I thought the word means go back. So I misunderstood that it's okay to go back to bath after 5:00 a.m. However, the word has another meaning - change or switch. Later, I understood that the paper wanted to say that after 5:00 a.m., the female and male bath are changing.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기